The ACR Radiation Oncology Practice Accreditation Surveyor Award
The American College of Radiology (ACR) Radiation Oncology Practice Accreditation (ROPA) Committee may annually award one surveyor or other contributor to ROPA (radiation oncologist or medical physicist) for the Radiation Oncology Program Accreditation Award. The goal of the award is to recognize current ROPA surveyors or others who have made extraordinary contributions to the ROPA program and the field of radiation oncology. The ROPA program provides a thorough and exhaustive onsite review. Surveyors and others who contribute to that program ensure that best practices in enhancing quality radiation oncology services to patients and their practices.
Award Frequency: The award would be limited to one outstanding radiation oncologist and/or medical physicist per year.
Timing and Location: The award would be given during the ACR Annual Meeting either as part of the general session (time permitted) or during the ACR Commission on Radiation Oncology meeting. If the recipient is unable to attend, the award will be announced at the event.
Eligibility: This award is open to:
- ACR ROPA surveyors who have served 10 or more years, are active ACR members and completed over 50 on-site surveys for the ROPA program; or
- An ACR member who has provided long-term outstanding service in support of the ROPA program.
- Exhibits professionalisms and provides constructive feedback during site surveys;
- Successfully mentor and train new surveyors;
- Ability to motivate peers to participate in ROPA;
- Professional contribution to the field of radiation oncology; (and/or)
- Participation in professional society activities, leadership roles, and involvement at professional meetings.
Award Submission Requirements:
Anyone wishing to nominate an eligible candidate meeting the criteria above must submit the following information:
- Nominees or those recommending someone for nomination must complete the official ACR Radiation Oncology Practice Accreditation Surveyor Award Form;
- Documentation that the eligibility criteria have been met;
- A narrative of not more than 250 words describing the nominee’s distinguished contributions to the ACR ROPA program and radiation oncology using the award selection criteria; and
- ACR Staff will receive and review application(s). Eligible application(s) will be sent to ROPA awards committee to evaluate.
- All narratives must be submitted and received by the ROPA awards committee by COB January 31 in the year in which nomination occurs. Such narratives become the property of the ACR.