ACR: Updated USPSTF Lung Cancer Screening Guidelines Would Help Save Lives »
New! Incidental Findings One-Pager This document was created by the LCS Steering Committee to assist nurse navigators in lung screening programs
New! Lung Cancer Screening Boot Camp Webinar Series
These webinars — available on demand — provide valuable advice on how radiologists and radiology group practices can implement successful lung cancer screening programs. Each webinar focuses on a specific topic and related discussions about best practices to meet the challenges of lung cancer screening.
Chair, ACR Commission on Quality & Safety
||The ACR Lung Cancer Screening Center designation is unit-specific. All sites applying for this designation must meet the requirements outlined below, including having active ACR CT accreditation in the chest module on the designated unit(s).
A facility is eligible to receive the ACR Lung Cancer Screening Center designation if it meets the following basic criteria:
- ACR CT accreditation including the chest module
- Screening protocol meets minimum technical specifications
- Personnel qualifications including:
- Lung cancer screening interpreting physicians: a minimum of 200 chest CT cases in prior 36 months
- Medical physicists and radiologic technologists continue to meet the requirements of the CT accreditation program
- Participation in the ACR Lung Cancer Screening Registry Updated 7-17-18
How to Apply
The online ACR Lung Cancer Screening Center Designation application process has been put on hold until the release of the new and improved accreditation database. If you have any questions regarding initial or renewal of a current designation please contact ACR at 1-800-770-0145 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The process of becoming an ACR Designated Lung Cancer Screening Center will be a 2-step process:
- Step 1: After achieving ACR CT accreditation including but not limited to the chest module, submit an online application including information regarding your Lung Cancer Screening Center characteristics (Lung Cancer Screening Supervising Physician and contact person), accredited CT unit information, Lung Cancer Screening Questionnaire and associated invoice/fee of $400
- Step 2: Submit an online testing packet to include the CT Lung Cancer Screening Data Form. NOTE: Image submission is not required.
- After completing our review of the facility’s lung cancer screening protocol, the ACR will send a confidential report for each unit to the LCS supervising physician at the practice site. The report includes evaluation results.
- Once ACR Designated Lung Cancer Screening Center has been achieved, the facility will receive a certificate and a URL to an exclusive online marketing kit customized for an ACR Designated Lung Cancer Screening Center. This will assist in promoting the designation within the community to patients and referring physicians. The online marketing toolkit materials includes the LCSD logo that may be used on the accredited unit, reports, facility letterhead, website, advertising, etc. and customizable items for print and web use.
Facilities meeting the designation requirements will be identified as an ACR Designated Lung Cancer Screening Center by a symbol on the ACR Accredited Facility Search page.
The ACR Lung Cancer Screening Center designation will remain effective for the duration of the unit’s CT accreditation period, as long as the unit maintains the requirements of ACR CT accreditation including the chest module. Renewal of the designation will occur after the renewal of the CT accreditation is complete. Designation renewal requires submission of a new application, fees and clinical data form.
Payment Policy and Fees
Payment must be included with the application. Applications received without payment will not be processed and will be returned if payment is not received within 30 days. Make checks payable to the American College of Radiology and reference your ACR CT modality identification number on the check or stub. Credit card payments using VISA, MasterCard and American Express are accepted. Fees are nonrefundable and are subject to change.
ACR Designated Lung Cancer Screening Center Fee: $400 per facility