Is your medical imaging getting the recognition it deserves? Your team can now receive well-deserved recognition for outstanding diagnostic imaging and patient care.
The ACR Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence™ achievement is a one-of-a-kind new program that takes your department or practice to the next level of imaging efficiency, safety and quality care.
Reach for the pinnacle of medical imaging care.
- Comprehensive assessment of the medical imaging facility, including structure and outcomes
- Participation in ACR registries at no cost
- Ongoing process for self-assessment
- Recognition that distinguishes your facility to providers, payers, patients and administrators
- Three-year status
- Customizable materials for local public relations and marketing
Download DICOE brochure »
| Video Testimonials
Chair, ACR Quality & Safety Commission
Mount Desert Island Hospital
Hacksensack University Medical Center
Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence Program Requirements » Revised 11/30/2015
A facility is eligible to receive the ACR Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence designation if it meets the following basic criteria:
- ACR accreditation in all modalities provided for which ACR offers accreditation
- Participates in Dose Index Registry® and General Radiology Improvement Database
- Has pledged to Image Gently® and Image Wisely®
- Site survey assessing multiple areas of quality, safety, procedures and personnel by an ACR survey team that includes a radiologist, medical physicist and technologist working with your team members
Areas of Assessment
- Facility organization and management
- Physical environment
- Equipment and IT infrastructure
- Radiation and general safety
- Quality management
- Policies and procedures
- Patient rights
- Medical records
Complete the Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellent request form. All applications received after July 1, 2015 will incur the new DICOE fee.
Download the application »