The Radiation Oncology Practice Accreditation (ROPA) program provides radiation oncologists with third-party, impartial peer review and evaluation of patient care. Facility staff, equipment, treatment-planning and treatment records as well as patient-safety policies and quality control/quality assessment activities are assessed.
New: Contact the ACR ROPA Team Using Live Chat
Read the letter: Radiology Societies Urge President to Speed PPE Resupply
To our ACR Accredited Facilities,
In this unprecedented time, we want to make sure you know that the ACR is working hard to keep business as usual and be available and provide support to our accredited facilities. We recognize that there will be uncertainty of patient volumes, limited resources, limitations on physics support etc. that may affect the ability to meet accreditation deadlines and we will provide as much flexibility on accreditation processes as possible. Thank you for all of your hard work and providing the safest care possible to your patients.
Please visit the ACR COVID-19 Radiology-Specific Resources page.
ROPA Virtual Site Surveys
As you know, COVID-19 has affected the ACR’s daily operations to include in person accreditation site surveys. The ACR Radiation Oncology Practice Accreditation (ROPA) program has not performed an onsite review since March 11, 2020. The ACR decided an alternative approach is virtual site surveys via teleconferencing. In May, the ACR successfully beta tested and conducted a virtual site survey. We strongly encourage that all sites participate in a virtual site survey. If the site declines to do a virtual site survey, the ACR will provide a 3-month extension and reschedule an onsite review once travel is safe.
All sites must complete this checklist before a virtual site survey is scheduled.
ACR Accreditation Support
The ACR Accreditation team recently unveiled a new customer support platform to enhance the accreditation experience. With this new user-friendly system, ACR accreditation customers have a single place where they can access all of the accreditation resources they need, plus a helpdesk to submit queries and support requests. The ACR Accreditation Support solution offers these advantages:
- Easier accessibility: All accreditation program requirements, forms, articles and resources are gathered in one place.
- More robust search functionality: An easy-to-use search tool delivers instant access to all documents related to a specific accreditation query.
- Enhanced interactivity: The helpdesk solution guides you through the documents and processes you need for accreditation in every modality.
- Streamlined support ticketing: If you have a question or need help with any accreditation challenge, you can simply open a ticket, which will automatically be assigned to the appropriate ACR Accreditation team member. To submit a ticket, simply click New Support Ticket in the top right corner of any article in the support platform.
- Improved status tracking: Rather than wait for an email response to your query, you can now track the status of your support ticket right from the platform. To track your ticket, simply click on Check Ticket Status in the top right corner of any article in the support platform.
Complete Accreditation Information for Radiation Oncology
Links to specific documents are listed below.
Complete Program Requirements and Testing Instructions »
Forms and Documents
General and Administrative