The Ultrasound Accreditation Program involves the acquisition of clinical images, submission of relevant physician reports corresponding to clinical images submitted, and quality control documentation.
Read the letter: Radiology Societies Urge President to Speed PPE Resupply
To our ACR Accredited Facilities,
In this unprecedented time, we want to make sure you know that the ACR is working hard to keep business as usual and be available and provide support to our accredited facilities. We recognize that there will be uncertainty of patient volumes, limited resources, limitations on physics support etc. that may affect the ability to meet accreditation deadlines and we will provide as much flexibility on accreditation processes as possible. Thank you for all of your hard work and providing the safest care possible to your patients.
Annual Medical Physicist Equipment Surveys for Accreditation:
In response to increasing limitations and restrictions of physicist access to imaging facilities due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the ACR will extend the annual medical physicist equipment survey accreditation requirement to a 16-month window from date of last equipment evaluation. Facilities needing a longer extension and those who are unable to obtain physics testing or acceptance testing on new units are asked to contact the ACR for further guidance.
Please visit the ACR COVID-19 Radiology-Specific Resources page.
The ACR Accreditation team recently unveiled a new customer support platform to enhance the accreditation experience. With this new user-friendly system, ACR accreditation customers have a single place where they can access all of the accreditation resources they need, plus a helpdesk to submit queries and support requests. The ACR Accreditation Support solution offers these advantages:
- Easier accessibility: All accreditation program requirements, forms, articles and resources are gathered in one place.
- More robust search functionality: An easy-to-use search tool delivers instant access to all documents related to a specific accreditation query.
- Enhanced interactivity: The helpdesk solution guides you through the documents and processes you need for accreditation in every modality.
- Streamlined support ticketing: If you have a question or need help with any accreditation challenge, you can simply open a ticket, which will automatically be assigned to the appropriate ACR Accreditation team member. To submit a ticket, simply click New Support Ticket in the top right corner of any article in the support platform.
- Improved status tracking: Rather than wait for an email response to your query, you can now track the status of your support ticket right from the platform. To track your ticket, simply click on Check Ticket Status in the top right corner of any article in the support platform.
Complete Accreditation Information for Ultrasound
Links to specific documents are listed below.
Access all documentation »
Forms and Documents
General and Administrative
QC and Testing