The Mammography Accreditation Program provides facilities with peer review and constructive feedback on staff qualifications, equipment, quality control, quality assurance, image quality and radiation dose. The Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA) requires all U.S. mammography facilities to be accredited.
Read the letter: Radiology Societies Urge President to Speed PPE Resupply
To our ACR Mammography Accredited Facilities,
In this unprecedented time, we want to make sure you know that the ACR is working hard to keep business as usual and be available and provide support to our accredited facilities. We recognize that there will be uncertainty of patient volumes, limited resources, limitations on physics support, etc. that may affect the ability to meet accreditation deadlines and we will provide as much flexibility on accreditation process as possible. If your facility is nearing your expiration date, ACR staff will reach out to you, if needed, and assist you with the process of extending your facility's MQSA expiration date through Interim Accreditation and MQSA Certificate Extensions when there is less than 30 days left on your current MQSA certificate.
(Updated March 27, 2020) FDA has updated its MQSA Inspection Information Related to COVID-19 page to include the following: Due to the evolving COVID-19 impact on travel and facility operations, mammography facilities for which the annual medical physicist survey falls within the time period, January 2020 to June 2020, FDA intends to automatically grant a two-month extension (from the FDA recommended 14-month timeframe) for the facility to complete the annual survey. A request for an extension does not need to be filed with FDA. For additional Certification questions, we ask that you contact the FDA.
Please visit the ACR COVID-19 Radiology-Specific Resources page.
Please visit the SBI COVID-19 resources page and the updated SBI statement on COVID-19.
The ACR Accreditation team recently unveiled a new customer support platform to enhance the accreditation experience. With this new user-friendly system, ACR accreditation customers have a single place where they can access all of the accreditation resources they need, plus a helpdesk to submit queries and support requests. The ACR Accreditation Support solution offers these advantages:
- Easier accessibility: All accreditation program requirements, forms, articles and resources are gathered in one place.
- More robust search functionality: An easy-to-use search tool delivers instant access to all documents related to a specific accreditation query.
- Enhanced interactivity: The helpdesk solution guides you through the documents and processes you need for accreditation in every modality.
- Streamlined support ticketing: If you have a question or need help with any accreditation challenge, you can simply open a ticket, which will automatically be assigned to the appropriate ACR Accreditation team member. To submit a ticket, simply click New Support Ticket in the top right corner of any article in the support platform.
- Improved status tracking: Rather than wait for an email response to your query, you can now track the status of your support ticket right from the platform. To track your ticket, simply click on Check Ticket Status in the top right corner of any article in the support platform.
For the most recent FDA assistance, please visit Frequently Asked Questions about DBT and MQSA Training Requirements. If there are additional questions, contact the FDA Mammography Facility Hotline at 1-800-838-7715 or MQSAhotline@hcmsllc.com.
Complete Accreditation Information for Mammography
Links to specific documents are listed below.
Complete Program Requirements and Testing Instructions »
Forms and Documents
General and Administrative
QC and Testing
ACR Digital Mammography Quality Control Manual
In February 2016, the FDA approved an ACR request for an alternative standard that will allow facilities to use the new ACR Digital Mammography Quality Control Manual under MQSA. ACR-accredited mammography facilities, medical physicists associated with ACR-accredited facilities, and those applying for accreditation can download the PDF manual at no charge.