The Mammography Accreditation Program provides facilities with peer review and constructive feedback on staff qualifications, equipment, quality control, quality assurance, image quality and radiation dose. The Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA) requires all U.S. mammography facilities to be accredited.
The ACR Accreditation team recently unveiled a new customer support platform to enhance the accreditation experience. With this new user-friendly system, ACR accreditation customers have a single place where they can access all of the accreditation resources they need, plus a helpdesk to submit queries and support requests. The ACR Accreditation Support solution offers these advantages:
- Easier accessibility: All accreditation program requirements, forms, articles and resources are gathered in one place.
- More robust search functionality: An easy-to-use search tool delivers instant access to all documents related to a specific accreditation query.
- Enhanced interactivity: The helpdesk solution guides you through the documents and processes you need for accreditation in every modality.
- Streamlined support ticketing: If you have a question or need help with any accreditation challenge, you can simply open a ticket, which will automatically be assigned to the appropriate ACR Accreditation team member. To submit a ticket, simply click New Support Ticket in the top right corner of any article in the support platform.
- Improved status tracking: Rather than wait for an email response to your query, you can now track the status of your support ticket right from the platform. To track your ticket, simply click on Check Ticket Status in the top right corner of any article in the support platform.
For the most recent FDA assistance, please visit Frequently Asked Questions about DBT and MQSA Training Requirements. If there are additional questions, contact the FDA Mammography Facility Hotline at 1-800-838-7715 or MQSAhotline@hcmsllc.com.
Complete Accreditation Information for Mammography
Links to specific documents are listed below.
Access all documentation »
Forms and Documents
General and Administrative
QC and Testing
ACR Digital Mammography Quality Control Manual
In February 2016, the FDA approved an ACR request for an alternative standard that will allow facilities to use the new ACR Digital Mammography Quality Control Manual under MQSA. ACR-accredited mammography facilities, medical physicists associated with ACR-accredited facilities, and those applying for accreditation can download the PDF manual at no charge.